Terms & Conditions and Deposit Policy
Terms & Conditions and Deposit Policy
at west with style Hair Salon and Westman Barbers
Your custom is very important to us and we will always do our very best to fit you in for an appointment at a time that suits you.
When you book an appointment with us we may ask you for a booking deposit. This deposit will be used as part payment towards your service and is fully refundable provided we receive at least 48 hours notice if you need to cancel your appointment.
Your deposit payment will be 50% of the cost of your technical service. PLEASE SEE OUR FULL T&Cs BELOW.
Why do I have to pay a deposit?
Your appointments are very important to the team here a west with style and West Man. We take your appointment as a verbal contract and the time slot is reserved especially for you. For this reason, please understand that when you forget or cancel your appointment without giving enough notice, your valuable appointment slot will be wasted and we miss the opportunity to fill that appointment time. In addition, clients on our waiting list miss the opportunity to receive our services.
With the Covid-precautions we have in the salon, and reduced numbers of appointments available, it’s even more important to us that we are able to keep our team members’ schedules filled.
We therefore respectfully ask that if you are unable to attend your appointment, please contact us ASAP and at least 48 hours in advance to avoid the loss of your deposit. If we don’t receive 48 hours’ notice to cancel your appointment then unfortunately, your deposit becomes non-refundable or transferable.
All returning clients who fail to attend an appointment will be asked to pre-pay in full for their next appointment.
Skin Allergy Patch Tests
Clients who have not had a colour service with us before, or have not had a colour service for over six months at our salon must make arrangements for a skin allergy patch test first. Allergy tests must take place no later than 48 hours before a colour service appointment. Booking deposits will not be refunded if you do not visit us to have an allergy test in sufficient time.
Please Read Our Full Terms and Conditions
Your booking is subject to the following T&Cs.
- A deposit of 50% is to be made either online, in person, over the phone or by payment link to secure a booking. In case of a no-show or late cancellation this is non-refundable or transferable. The deposit goes towards the final value of the service.
- Deposits/ cancellation fees are based on a small portion of the cost of the service i.e basic wages, products ordered in anticipation of the service, loss of income as we are unable to fill the cancelled space in a short period of time.
- Cancellations must be made at least 48 hours before the appointment. If made within 48 hours the deposit cannot be refunded or transferred. We reserve the right to cancel an appointment if an allergy test has not been carried out and/or a deposit hasn't been paid at the time of booking. The deposit is non-refundable or transferable, if you book online without having had an allergy test and the appointment hasn't been cancelled within 48 hours.
- Time slots are allocated in accordance with the services required. If you are more than 15 minutes late, your appointment may have to be cancelled or rescheduled so as not to delay other services. Your deposit may not be refunded.
- Under 16s will need to be accompanied by a parent or guardian to the consultation and appointment. Colour services cannot be carried out on those under the age of 16.
- In the event of any contra-indications, the service will be terminated immediately and deposits may be refunded. Online booking deposits can take up to 5-10 working days to be refunded.
- In the event we need to reschedule or cancel your appointment due to events outside of the stylist's or salon's control we will do our best to find the next available appointment and either hold your deposit to go towards the appointment or refund it should you wish to cancel. Online booking deposits can take up to 5-10 working days to be refunded.
- Toners and cool colours last between 1-3 washes for pastel colours and longer for deeper colours, sometimes as long as 6 months. The longevity of your hair colour can be affected by over washing, heat, sunlight, pollution, swimming and hair products as well as hair porosity and history. Your stylist can advise on how long the colour will last and how to maintain it. You may require a toner to be added to your service to achieve the desired result, your stylist will advise this should it be required.
- Your stylist will advise about the process your hair needs to go through to achieve your desired colour. A big colour correction can be a process that needs to be repeated every 6-8 weeks to achieve the desired look. Miracles can happen but please be patient as we care most about the overall condition of your hair and your stylist will not carry out a service that could severely damage your hair.
- Should services take longer than initially booked or more product is needed to achieve the desired result you may incur a long hair supplement to cover the extra costs, your stylist will make you aware should they need to add this to your appointment.
Please let us know if you change your mobile number or email address so we always have your current contact details on file and can get in touch with you when necessary.
Thank you for your understanding & cooperation with the above.
Theresa, Allan and west with style / West Man team